View Single Post
07-23-2013, 11:01 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
We have great prospect depth going into this season. We had a glaring hole in gritty physical forwards and we filled part of that with the McCarron and DLR selections. Putting them into a group that consists of Galchenyuk and Collberg and we have a pretty well rounded group.

We've already built through the draft. Our drafts have consisted of Pacioretty, Plekanec, Gallagher, Subban, Price, Eller (Halak), Tinordi, Galchenyuk, Emelin and White. That's 10 key pieces out of 20.

What we have:
Powerforwards - Pacioretty
Centermen - Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk
Puck-moving defensemen - Subban, Markov / Beaulieu
Tough stay-at-home defensemen - Tinordi, Emelin
Superstars - Subban, Galchenyuk (potential)
Young potential - Collberg, McCarron, Beaulieu, Lehkonen, Hudon, Gallagher

Let's fill them into the depth chart:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
McCarron - Galchenyuk - Collberg
Hudon - Eller - Lehkonen
x - White - x

Tinordi - Subban
Beaulieu - Emelin
x - x

What we lack:
Powerforwards - will McCarron and DLR fill that void?
Tough stay-at-home defensemen - we need more.

Our pool is filled with skilled players. Since they've just been drafted, we done yet know the ceilings of McCarron and DLR.

To further build the pool, I'd like us to draft more players with the profile of

to really round out the group. Price needs help in front of him and we need to protect our franchise goaltender with playoff type defensemen. With our drafting record, we can risk taking a few home run swings to find elite players to compete in our new division.

*Note, I didn't include Markov on the depth chart because we've begun to see a decline in his play. Even though he did put up a lot of points this year, he struggled with the pace of the game at times. Plekanec hasn't yet shown that slow down.
I'd be happy if one of McCaron, Collberg, Lehkonen and Hudon made it let alone all 4. I'm not really confident in any of them personally. Collberg and Hudon I think have a good chance but who knows. If one becomes a top 6 forward, perfect.

As far as Pleks goes, you're right. He plays the type of game where he shouldn't slow down much for quite awhile. I hope he spends his whole career here.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote