View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 11:12 AM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
This is such an obnoxious response. You have the condescending tone down, but not anything to back it up.

Nabakov was already their goalie and re-signing him only cost cap space. How does that indicate they were interested in or willing to trade for Miller? "Retained salary" is irrelevant... it would have cost them more cap space to re-sign him. Use your brain before telling everyone their wrong.
Um...ditto? They don't have to re-sign him to get comparable value to Nabby. Nabby's on a one year deal.

Quote:
I'm simply saying there's no reasonable way of knowing there is less of a market for Miller now, whereas you're adamant that there is, yet have no more basis for saying that than I have for being reasonable and open-minded. You haven't cited a single example of a team that would've wanted to bring in Miller but have since brought in someone else. You kind of need to do that if you're going to act like you're right about this.
I kind of don't. In the NHL, there's zero evidence of any trade that didn't happen could've. Does that mean that Buffalo never could have been willing to offer anything for Bobby Ryan, or that no one ever made a single offer for Luongo? Of course it doesn't. Common sense suggests there is always some level of interest for high value players. You seem to think common sense means if an offer isn't reported to the media, it precludes us from assuming there's any interest at all. That's very strange.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote