View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 12:12 PM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Smith isn't going anywhere. He was just invited to camp for the USA team and while he won't make that roster, the fact that he got an invite tells me Poile is still really high on him. I also don't imagine Spaling going anywhere as the team has invested a lot of time in him and he's still a productive player.

If we choose to send Beck down because we have too many forwards on the roster than we're stupid. You play the best roster you can ice. If we have too many forwards on the roster than Poile needs to do a better job of roster management. I'm all for competition but not at the risk of stunting the development of good young players.
Do the math Glenn... there is already only one spot for either Smith or Spaling, and thats without Beck.

Spaling is GONE... book it... there is no spot for him, and he is on a reasonable enough deal that someone will trade for him.

I agree that Poile wants to give Smith a chance... mainly because with his current contract he would be hard to move unless he starts playing better.

If Beck makes the team, then Smith either becomes a $2 million dollar 14th forward, or else Forsberg gets sent to the AHL which I believe is not gonna happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Haven't they also stated that we're done in free agency, though?
Poile has said we have addressed our needs... but he didnt say for certain we are done. Slake usually has pretty good hunches and he seems to be saying he thinks we are still in the running for Grabovski... who, if signed, obviously throws the roster into even more chaos and would be almost certainly the end for Smith

Last edited by PredsV82: 07-23-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: inaccurate characterization restated
PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote