View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 12:15 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
One mistake, the terrible Bryzgalov contract.

Briere could have been traded if the cap hadn't been forced down and the amnesty buyouts hadn't been made available.
No he made a few last year too with making Carle and Jagr stew b/c he had to go after the Parise and Suter pipedream.

And I don't want to hear that they both wouldn't have helped and that Carle in particular was a no brainer b/c he was too pricey. I already talked about that situation which Meltzer noted as well. They had tagging space during the season to sign Carle to a cheaper price and terms but chose not to. So he was allowed on the open market and his price jumped ..albeit unreasonably. The fact as Meltzer also noted was that Carle..despite the hate was a need as a minutes eating PMD. How did Foster, Huskins, and Gervais work out? Hence why they fixed the earlier mistake by getting Streit who has his question marks.

Holmgren is an inconsistent GM...not bad..nor very good. I liked how he handled the Carter and Richards trades but then took a big step back the following season and it played a big part in the Flyers not making the playoffs as they were ill-assembled.

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 07-23-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: sp