Old
07-23-2013, 12:20 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Well, considering that PIT is in, and we have the second best team on paper in the division, their competition is NYR, CAR, WAS, CBJ, and NYI.

Every team in the division has playoff potential other than NJD. They'd have to overcome a lot to be in the playoffs. Every game within the division is a game against a team that is realistically better than them.

They play 31 inter-division games. (5 against 3 teams and 4 against 4 teams.) That's 38% of their season.
We shall see. It's all speculation. If everyone is healthy all year and everyone plays the way they are supposed, yeah, the Devils won't make it. But it never shakes out that way. Key injuries to key players. Slumps from key guys. Unexpected success for less-than-key guys. However it shakes out, I think I'd give the Devils one of the four spots. My guess would be WSH, PIT, PHI, NJ (with NYR just missing or just making it and squeezing one of those four out). Lord knows that I've been wrong before so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't make it, but I have counted the Devils out one too many times only to get burned in the end. The team isn't as bad as people are making them out to be, even without Kovalchuk. They still have Zajac, Clowe, Henrique, Elias, Ryder, and Zubrus. Josefson and Tedenby are still young and have plenty of room to build of their psat season. Loktionov is another guy that shows promise. And their defense and goaltending is pretty solid. I wouldn't count them out.