Thread: News Article: Arron Asham on Torts and his future
View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
That's fair. For what it's worth, I think Torts did a good job up until this last year. I don't completely agree with his methods, but I can't deny that the players fully bought into it in 2011-12. And I can't deny that we had our best year since 97 as a result.

But this year, for whatever reasons, the coach and the players weren't on the same page. The strategies that were employed were no longer as effective. Whether one believes that the strategies themselves were the issue, or that we lacked the right players to execute those strategies (or some combination thereof), is really moot at this point. It wasn't working and something had to change. It's far easier to change the coach than it is the players.
In a nutshell, I think the roster turnover jettisoned a lot of players that were willing to sacrifice a ton to win hockey games, and imported guys that simply don't know how to win and/or weren't willing to make the same types of sacrifice. I like a team thats willing to do whatever it takes, and I think searching for a head coach that can placate whatever type of team this one is, is heading in the wrong direction. Hope Im wrong.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote