View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Sure...But in the end, it will end up working out better for Subban. So knowing that now, was it worth him holding out?

Also, I understand that it was below value...but GM's and teams aren't forced to pay RFA's at market value. They can pay them what they think is equitable for their situation.

Sucks for the player, but that's the difference between being an RFA & being a UFA.

Seems to me we're losing what the term RESTRICTED FREE AGENT means. It means the teams are holding the hammer, PK signed the bridge deal and now he's the one holding the hammer.
Sure, it'll be better for PK so long that he doesn't suffer any huge injury before signing his extension.

As for us not having to pay full market value, that's the whole point. Some of us wanted MB to sign him long term so we can have him below market value for a number of years, not just 1 1/2. That's the whole point of the argument.
Hey, if Bergevin was able to lock PK up at 2.8M for 5 years I would have been ecstatic.
This isn't about what's best for PK, this is about what's best for our team. It's not the end of the world as I've said countless times, but it's pretty obvious to me that having PK below his market value for longer is better.