View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 01:18 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Even if we got Carle on a discount, it would likely have been 5-6 years at 4.5m per. How would you feel about that contract right now? Personally, I would hate it. He's not a guy I want to commit long term to, and Holmgren (thankfully) agreed.

And you admit that it's debatable that Carle would have even made a difference. Is it worth handcuffing the team for 5-6 years for one year where his value to the team is questionable at best? How is that smart management?

Now, if we accept that Carle and Jagr were leaving regardless, who would you have replaced them with? It's not like we had many options.

And for the record, I think Carle would have made our team better. Slightly better, but better nonetheless. But is it really worth a 5-6 year commitment for a marginal upgrade for one year? No way.
Look what they signed an older Streit for.....it's debatable whether he's worth that money as well and how much better he'll be than Carle. This is my contention. Streit looks like a fix but may not be.