View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 02:47 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
I think Perron is overrated. If Paajarvi can be a 35-point solid 3rd-liner for us that has speed and a good defensive game, plus the 2nd round pick, that's not bad in return for a 2nd-liner. Perron, as of this point in his career, is only averaging barely above 45 points per 82 games. He's not really the offensive player some think he is. He has potential to get there, but after watching him still constantly try to hang onto the puck for so long I really question if he'll ever learn how to produce more. He needs to start changing his game a bit if he wants to...Get a quicker release, pass the puck more, stop trying to stick handle so much, be more disciplined, etc.

Yeah Edmonton's system will probably help him but he still needs to distribute the puck.

I still am happy with this trade. We just need Paajarvi to be a solid 3rd-liner for us who contributes at both ends of the ice. If that allows other guys like Schwartz and Tarasenko to step up and contribute more offense, we could very well be a better team because of it.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote