Thread: News Article: Arron Asham on Torts and his future
View Single Post
07-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Believe In Henke
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
I don't think the weight Lundqvist held was ever in question.

Whether or not he would ever use that weight...

Well we know the answer now. And if Hanks assessment was what I think it was, I agree.
I say months ago because you could see that he was not happy and it wasn't about one look at a Dman after a goal is scored like in previous years. You could tell it was the workload and the constant need for him to be almost perfect. That came from not just the inadequate goal totals, the chances were not even close most nights.

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think you're right. But the reason this continues to be a topic of conversation for me is because I think its ridiculous that a goaltender's feelings towards offense can sway huge decisions within an organization. And its a prime example of how inept Glen Sather's management style is.

I love Lundqvist, but he gets paid to stop pucks. If Ranger management got together, collectively were not happy with the direction of the team, made the change, and then conveyed the type of hockey they'd like to see played, I'd be able to live with that.

But firing a coach because their goaltender wasn't happy with the lack of support? Or because some players complained about being yelled at too much?

Its just not a way forward. Its knee-jerk crap.
I agree with the inept management style, but thats all the more reason for me to trust a player like Hank who has seen championships in the last dozen years and decide nows a good time to change. If it were up to the buffoon it would just be business as usual at Kramerica industries, and that's not good enough.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote