View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Erik Estrada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonster View Post
I'm not saying that reasoning is ignorant. That reasoning is just mere facts. What I call ignorant is the opinion that Leksand, an elite club with their own needs and goals, should act according to Montreal's wishes if there is no gain from it. We didn't ask for Windsor to 'take a chance' and draft JDLR. Had the Habs drafted him first round, they could have done what they wanted (if I understand the situation correctly), but this is not the case.
This is what you said:

"Swede supporting Leksand here. From my perspective, some of the comments here (like... "How about the Habs decide where he'll develop better? Both Windsor and Leksand will only have him in the short term and are biased...") are quite ignorant"

This is not about where he should play next season. It's been recognized that Leksand has a valid contract... I agree Leksand doesn't give a crap if DLR develops correctly of not. If he plays with them next season, Leksand will do what they want. They have games to win.

My big problem is about people affiliated with the SHL suggesting that he's better served playing in Sweden for his development. And that they should know better than Montreal...If the Habs say he's better served staying in Sweden (or that it matter little) I believe it. If someone affiliated with SHL saying it's a step back in DLR's progress to come to NA, it's biased because they directly benefit from him choosing Sweden right now and don't care where his game ends up in the future...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote