View Single Post
07-23-2013, 07:08 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
This kid is definitely aware of the dire situation that the Slovak hockey is under at the current time. It takes a lot of desire not to mention the required talent to succeed, his size being another drawback for him, which he must be aware and still his concentration is focused. Martin Rewa has the confidence and the conviction to his craft, displayed by other Europeans, namely Marko Dano and former juniors like Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne. Players that would not be denied their futures as professional hockey players. I'm impressed if you hadn't perceived that by now, looking forward to seeing his play next season.
Out of curiosity, I was wondering where you gathered that from? Was it because of the way he overcame his addictions and did well this past season, in a different country while adapting to different customs and language?

Or did something else impress you?

I'm just trying to avoid being a little optimistic because its kind of the same story every draft where we hope we get a gem in the latter rounds only to be left disappointed.

HABS2DCUP is offline   Reply With Quote