View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 07:09 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
yea. i agree with what your saying but people are homers, ha, no pun but they want all of our moves to look optimistic, especially at the beginning of a season. i do too. the Flyers fan in me says getting lecavalier is a great move but the NHL fan in me says we didn't need him, we needed a winger and didn't get one. there's been tons of blunders over the last few years. The problem with holmgren is he started out looking like an insane miracle working genius by pulling this team from the gutter so quickly but since then there have been a ton of moves that were not well thought out. The whole Bryzgalov thing is the biggest example. But its easier to narrow things down and blame individual players than looking at the big picture and the guy who's creating it. It's not a coincidence that they just hired Hextall. Hextall came here because he was in more of a dead end situation in LA where here there's a quicker potential to move up. My major issue with holmgren is Laviolette tho. I think we need and there will be a change but only after another, hopefully not wasted, season.

You are aware that signing Vinny now allows us to move B. Schenn over to the LW spot right? That's better than anything that was out there this summer.