Thread: Prospect Info: Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #6
View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I dunno, I don't see Cousins becoming another Marchand. I hope he does, but Marchand seems to have elevated his game to beyound only being a pest. I think Cousins will be an above average scoring pest (above average as in above the average pest, not above average scoring in general.)
There's a biiiiiig gap between Marchand and McGinn offensively. The NHL equivalency of McGinn's AHL numbers is about 15 points per 82. Marchand is at 50 points per 82 at the NHL level. If you think Cousins is closer to Marchand than he is to McGinn, he is the easy choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Cousins' skating & size are concerns. Hell, he won't even make the NHL if he doesn't learn how to play defense.

I just don't put as much stock into stats especially from Juniors, they only tell half of the story if that.
Cousins has 3 years to catch up to McGinn in terms of getting stronger and more positionally sound.

The most lucrative talent you can bring to an NHL roster is scoring ability, and Cousins has shown he's far more advanced on that front.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote