Thread: Prospect Info: Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #6
View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Dude, I'm not arguing if Cousins has more upside or is the better prospect right now over McGinn. I even said I voted for Cousins & would put Straka next over McGinn.
Yet you are arguing that the main evidence for valuing Cousins over McGinn is irrelevant.

Quote:
All I said is that posting their junior stats really means nothing. There's been plenty of guys who put up big numbers in Juniors & went on to do jack **** in the Pros. People look way too much into stats was my point.
Well, you're wrong. Meaningful relationships between Junior scoring and NHL success have been shown to exist (see link for one of many studies). You can get useful data from Junior. You're going to get varying results with any method for projecting future results. That goes for scouting analysis, stats analysis, or any combination of the two. That doesn't mean you're just as well throwing out all the data.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2009/...r-predict.html

Quote:
Hell someone on here was questioning whether Nichushkin was worthy of top 10 selection earlier this year because he only put up a few points in the KHL this year. That's stat watching at its finest.
Take it up with them. We're talking about two players who both played Junior at typical ages.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote