View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
When I see Reway, I see Petr Straka. Tons of offensive potential and pure skills, overall game to work on. Though I do admit, I prefered Reway in his draft year than Straka, yet there are some talks that Straka will have a fair chance to be in the NHL next year. I don't believe it, he has to see some AHL time as far as I'm concerned, as his overall game is far from being perfect though did improve. Same for Reway as far as having a whole lot of other things to improve.
I don't see the similarity to be honest - five inches difference in height, Reway is definitely more skilled, but Straka works harder and plays a smarter game.

I preferred Straka quite a bit more in his draft year - was a top 40 pick for me while Reway was a 4th or 5th rounder in my opinion, and the draft bore that out.
Straka got led astray in a poor situation in Rimouski, but has his game back on track.

The big dogs in the scouting world don't think Straka is overly skilled, heard that quite often this season. I think his skill is okay, but certainly not at Reway's level. The kid can dangle like few others...just hope he learns the rest of the game, particularly using his teammates more effectively. That's not an issue with Straka.

Anyway - that's my take. Not trying to be difficult or anything.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote