Thread: Proposal: Det - Buf
View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 09:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Vanek only has one year on his deal, but this still isn't the package they are probably looking for.

They are going to want one of Nyquist, Tatar or Jurco. One of them has to be in the deal as does our first and then you start branching off.

Because of our situation there would need to be a cap dump or dumps if we did that today, which I don't think Buffalo would have a huge problem with if they got the right top end prospect that was NHL ready, the first and maybe a couple mid-tier guys.

I do expect the Wings to aggressively pursue Vanek should he become available, but it is far off to seeing what that package would be and I am sure Wings fans wouldn't be super happy but he is a guy I would pay a big exchange for if the extension can be hammered out.

Tatar (top 9, top 6 upside NHL ready guy), Pulkkinen, x prospect, cap dump, first. Assuming Vanek will talk extension than probably worth coughing up. Wings fans can scream about it, but that isn't far off what Hossa and Kovy returned, it is going to look something like that.

Not sure the Wings should deal Franzen. He is a compliance buyout or keep him kind of guy right now. Don't want his contract in somebody else's hands, especially in division where their cap-recapture is minimal and they can encourage retirement. He will need to pick his destination to put us at ease if he is dealt later on.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote