View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 10:39 PM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Oh look. Yet another article showing Winnipeg and it's fanbase in poor light. And of course, it comes from south of the border. You could have posted any other kind of article that focuses on how Thrasher fans felt once the relocation occured. Instead you posted an article that villifies our city and fanbase. So what that tells me, in the selective choice of this particular article, is that there is no interest in discussing that issue in a rational manner, but rather only maintaining interest in knocking Winnipeg and our fans.
Sometimes it really seems like some posters have no motivation for posting than to demean other fanbases while maintaining a jingoistic fervor towards their own. It's a vicious cycle of mockery and self grandiose buffoonery that leads to nothing but bitterness on all sides. I often wonder if those participating in these kinds of self effacing activities really understand the scope of their actions. The real question is, does it serve any true purpose? Or, do the posters just do it to overcompensate for their own self doubt. I'll never understand. I just want people to enjoy their teams and nevermind the bollocks.

"I do my best work while chock full of whiskey & cheese"
--Beef Invictus
KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote