View Single Post
Old
07-24-2013, 01:22 AM
stocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackat View Post
Thanks man! I'm moving in with a friend who currently lives around near Lawrenceville....I think? Somewhere in that area. But we'll probably be moving by the time I get over there. I'm not so good with American geography yet, but I will definitely come back with more info when I have it!

My problem is, by the time I move over my skating will be up to it's old standards again (pretty strong), but I still haven't played hockey before. Would I be suited to an absolute beginners class? I'm terrified of doing all the classic noob mistakes; holding the stick wrong, looking like a complete idiot haha!
I think you will do just fine. I have never been to an clinics or classes (would like to go eventually), but it from what I here its rare to find one with only "true" beginners. I have only been playing regularly for the last 3 months or so. I play with some guys in a "novice" pickup league most guys have been playing for 5ish years, and my game has improved a lot (not that its great, but still a little better) The most important thing with getting on (or back on) the ice is to just get out there! 99% of the guys out there just want to have some fun and play some hockey, and will be helpful to you if you have any questions. Some classes couldn't hurt though...

stocky is offline   Reply With Quote