View Single Post
Old
07-24-2013, 02:38 AM
blackat
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocky View Post
I think you will do just fine. I have never been to an clinics or classes (would like to go eventually), but it from what I here its rare to find one with only "true" beginners. I have only been playing regularly for the last 3 months or so. I play with some guys in a "novice" pickup league most guys have been playing for 5ish years, and my game has improved a lot (not that its great, but still a little better) The most important thing with getting on (or back on) the ice is to just get out there! 99% of the guys out there just want to have some fun and play some hockey, and will be helpful to you if you have any questions. Some classes couldn't hurt though...
Oh good, sounds perfect to what I need! God, this has been such a long time coming. I was fanatical about playing when I was a kid, and it was so heartbreaking when my mum couldn't afford to let me join a team. It's way more expensive to join a club/get gear over here in Australia, which sucks. So I'm very excited to be able to be in America and finally be able to play!

Thank you for being so helpful btw, its so great to chat with people like this. At my old rink, everyone had a really similar attitude of, "you're a skater, I'm a skater, we're family!" which I love. But every rink I've been to since, people are quite stuck up. I hate it!

blackat is offline   Reply With Quote