View Single Post
Old
07-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Cool Hand Luke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
No.

We shouldnt be taking salary back, and I'd be moderately surprised if any of those were as good as Dion, and they are all nowehere near as good at this very moment.

No. Stop. Need Dion. Need defense. Need Captain.
Agree. So how does Dion solve this?

Man, we've done a pretty ****** job of rebuilding a team if ONE PLAYER leaving causes us to fall apart completely. I have never seen a more OVER-RATED player by Leafs fans. And that is saying a lot. We have a great defensive core. Phaneuf is just part of that group. Gardiner, Gunnarsson, Franson will all step up next season, and could easily collectively fill the void left my superman here.

And all three of those guys have a ceiling way higher than Dion. Not saying that they will reach that ceiling, but Dion is not getting any better. The game is getting faster, and he's slow. The game is getting rougher around the net, and he's wearing down physically. The team is very young, and it needs a strong leader, and he is not that. Just my opinion though. Feel free to continue to over-rate. It might help to increase his trade value.

Cool Hand Luke is offline   Reply With Quote