View Single Post
Old
07-24-2013, 10:55 AM
TheTotalPackage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Why? You're playing on a rink that 10 year olds just played on a few hours ago. You're not getting paid, you're not getting a scholarship, you're not trying out for any higher level. The games are completely meaningless.

I couldn't ever imagine losing and then actually having a lingering feeling of anger/disappointment. Even if we won whatever men's league championship i'd just be thinking "....cool! That was a lot of fun. When's the next game boys?!"

I love hockey. We all do. When i play i want to do the best that i can and have the most fun i can have doing it. Anything else on the spectrum of caring too much or not caring enough is a total waste of time, energy, and emotion IMO
Competitive nature. If I contextualized my entire life in comparison to everything else, then I'd have a completely meaningless life as well.

But you're right, I'm not getting paid, nor trying out for any higher level. That's why I wear a cage to play (I like my teeth and want to see my kids grow up), don't do anything stupid along the boards or chippy with my stick (we all have to go to work the next day), and have no problem acknowledging players on the other team for making a nice play or tapping the goalie on his pads for a nice save.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to be completely apathetic to the outcome and am going to drop any emotion I have the second I step off the rink. If that's the case, I'll just go to the local rink and throw my stick in the pile. But that's just me.

TheTotalPackage is offline   Reply With Quote