View Single Post
Old
07-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Would be a short term move cosing assets. If we can get a guy like Grossman or Coburn at a discount, fine, but trading a high pick or top prospect makes no sense. We have Emelin and Gorges with Tinordi close and Pateryn as potentially another option.
I think Price needs the support. We've thrown him to the wolves for the past couple of seasons. For the most part its been okay but that breakdown at the end of last year wasn't good. I really think that we should've gotten a guy to help out on the backend.

Hopefully Tinordi will be good enough. As somebody else said... Tinordi or fail -that's how we're doing things - and I think that's a stupid way to handle a rookie. Gorges played like crap last year and Emelin is hurt. We have absolutely no one who protects the crease (just like we have few who go to the net) and that has to change.

We're a talented team but we're extremely one dimensional. It's like our GM thinks that figure skating is going to lead us somewhere. Sometimes you have to be able to grind out a win and that just isn't in our DNA right now. You can't ignore the net at both ends of the ice and expect to win in the playoffs. And its doubly frustrating because our GM claimed to know this but went out and got Briere...

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 07-24-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote