View Single Post
Old
07-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerz View Post
So they are more than a mill over the cap? It would be nice to be able to hold on to Nisky and buy-out Glass. I would imagine Niskanen's value is at an all-time low right now. Why would a team trade for him this late in the off season when there are still plenty free agent of bottom pairing defensemen? Why would a team relinquish an asset when they could just sign a free agent?

I think this is a pretty poor example of asset management if Nisky is traded for scraps. If we could hold on to him for part of the season, they could trade him to a team with injuries. Just another Lovejoy/Strait likely leaving for nothing.

I don't quite know what Shero is doing regarding Niskanen. Who knows what will happen.
You can't buy out Glass and lose the caphit. You'd have to trade him and even then, we would have less than 2k in cap space. There is no way any team can operate that close to the cap. One injury and we're screwed. Not to mention, we would only have 12 forwards in that scenario. Nisky is going to be traded. I really can't see any other alternative.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote