View Single Post
Old
01-11-2004, 04:48 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
I'm glad someone else noticed that. He openly questioned management's wisdom. When asked what he could do to earn a promotion, he was totally glib, saying, "Gee, I wish I knew the answer to that one."

This unprofessionalism is disappointing. Saying this kind of thing during a televised interview is not going to please Gainey and Julien. From the reports, Gainey made it clear what he expected of Hainsey during their little meeting before Hainsey's demotion.

I don't think anyone has given up on Hainsey, but something has to change before he will play a regular shift with the Habs.
It could be a good thing that he's pissed off. Remember, Ward also cried in the press when he wasn't called up midseason last year. It's good to get him angry at least. When he was up he was all carefree and floating around like he thought he was Niklas Lidstrom or something. I'd much rather see an angry Hainsey! The more his body fills out, perhaps the more he'll play that way, but I'll settle for another Serge Savard as well, eh?