View Single Post
Old
07-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Habiton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It doesn't matter... it's another false objection.

So he's 28 when we have to renew him, doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Sooner or later you have to renew the guy as a UFA. Whether he's 28 or 30 or whatever...

Bottom line is we're going to pay more over the long run than we otherwise would've. Folks can try to dress it up however they wish, it doesn't make any difference. All we can do now is hope that MB learns from this and doesn't try the same crap with Galchenyuk.
Until you hit the player like Tyler Myers who all of a sudden declines and us now making 2x what he is worth. PK didn't prove enough and our front office felt it was worth waiting. This was a pragmatic and intelligent decision that illustrates our current managements competence.

I knew PK would be an all star before he had his amazing playoff but that doesn't mean it's smart to sign him to a huge contract. None of our players are guaranteed to get better and we should have no problem being patient before paying them top dollar. If they want to stay they will take a Pacioretty type deal (not exact money but he definitely took a disocunt). Otherwise they will cash in.

PK deserves 7.5M AAV but I hope he signs for a discount and goes with 6.75. Although I will admit I kind of hope he gets 7.6. (Maybe Galchenyuk will take 2.7 )