View Single Post
Old
07-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I think you're overstating. Markov has slowed down, but there was no indication whatsoever that he was fragile. A year ago this board was going apesh*t over when Markov would blow a knee, and then he proceeds to play an entire season without missing a single game. He was the Habs' healthiest player.

That said, I think we have to accept a new normal for Markov -- less than the star he was, but still more than most defensemen in the league. As long as we don't expect him to play as many minutes or skate as fast as he used to, he will either be a valuable top-four D for us or equally valuable trade bait for a trade-deadline team.
We've been burned too many times. I just don't think we can count on him for an 82 game season. Yes, he was healthy last year and that's great but I still don't trust those knees.

And let's not forget that the guy started the year scoring something like five goals on ten shots or something crazy... He really slowed down after that. I'd rather be paranoid than ill-prepared.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote