View Single Post
Old
07-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Diaz needs to be traded, I don't mind the Bouillon re-signing because IMO him and DD44 are to be the 7th-8th dmen if it wasn't for Emelin being hurt.

But the lack of size on the back end is really hurting his, Price might have not had a good year, but he allowed the 2nd most goalies on the pk this past year, why because guys couldn't clear the front of the net.

I mean this past year, we had 1 d-men over 6'1 in the top 6, either Emelin, or Tinordi, thats a joke.

Now that Tinordi seems to be a look to make the team, I think with Emelin aswell, if Diaz is moved and we can grap another D-men with size it would great.

Heck with all this extra cap space and nothing to use it on, I'd trade Diaz to Philly for Meszaros and mid pick or prospect. Both guys 27, pending UFA, Meszaros has be hurt lately, but when lately and on his game is the better d-men and has great size.

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Meszaros-Bouillon
The only way Diaz being traded makes sense is A-Markov gets an extension and B-Beaulieu is ready for top 4 duty. Neither of those things will happen before opening night, so it makes no sense to move Diaz.

Meszaros is bigger than Diaz but his play last year was well below Diaz's. People are way too obsessed with Diaz's size and not enough on his play and his ability.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote