View Single Post
07-25-2013, 09:37 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
All of this talk about how slow the Devils will be got me thinking about the speed and skating ability of the teams in the East.

Where do the Rangers stack up? They have some of the fastest players in the league and continue to bring in good skaters both on offense and defense.

And as a side discussion whats more more desirable, speed or size? Or the right balance of both?
In regards to the side discussion, I think you need the right balance of both. All speed and no size, you'll be something close to Montreal. A good team, but not contender worthy. All size and no speed, well I'm not sure of a good NHL comparable, but the result would probably be even worse due to the speed of today's NHL.

In regards to where we rank, it's interesting. We don't have great speed up the middle. Step and Brass are good skaters but they aren't incredibly fast. Richards has never been a fast skater and has slowed. Cally has good speed, as does Nash and Zucc (recently developed, but I liked his speed he showed this year). Hags is obviously top 5 fastest skater. As is kreider.

In regards to our forwards, I think we're somewhere in the middle of the conference. Our defenseman though I think we are better, more like top 10. Not because of their speed per say, but all of our defenders are pretty agile and are good skaters.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote