View Single Post
Old
07-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Were rebuilding, and Im hoping we have the right pieces to accomplish something. Im not saying Im old. At 29, Ive still got many years left, Vanek explained. But at the same time, you like to be on a team where you feel like going into camp youre contending. Youre not guaranteed to win a Cup, but right now in Buffalo I think were rebuilding which is not the best case scenario for me. But at the same time, theres a lot of good young players and hopefully we pick the right ones.
Seems fairly blunt. I don't get how realism is poisonous. We know Vanek and Miller are likely on the block. The players know this. The moves the team has made are rebuild oriented -- Gaustad, Leopold, Regehr, and Pominville. And they're going with a lot of youth.

I don't see anything that is burning any bridges, changing his preceived value here or in trade to someone else, or even that he's clamouring to get out. *shrug* It's a succinct and to the point.