View Single Post
Old
07-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
He was relatively diplomatic and measured in his tone, but I don't see or hear anything from Vanek that indicates he has much interest in being a Buffalo Sabre beyond the expiration of his contract. Even if they're more competitive than most people think they'll be next year, if they don't make the playoffs it'll be an organization that's missed the playoffs for three consecutive seasons, five of the last seven seasons, and hasn't won a playoff series in seven seasons.

Vanek wants to win, and he wants to start winning now. He'll have no shortage of suitors that want to add him to a mix that can and has won a lot more than Buffalo in recent years. Vanek knows this. Meanwhile, the Sabres are transitioning their roster, and Vanek also knows this.

At this point, I just don't see a realistic scenario developing wherein Vanek will want to re-sign in Buffalo. Deal him and Miller before camp to avoid the circus that's going to come to town if both are on the roster heading into the season. That's not a situation I want the young players to be around every day.
I agree. I just hope they don't trade them both for futures. We need some more veterans on this team.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote