View Single Post
Old
07-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
Really? A top 4 of Timonen, Schenn, Streit and Coburn seems pretty terrible for a team that is expecting to try and compete.

Timonen's a decent number 1 guy if his age doesn't catch up to him but at 38 he's bound to lose a step some time. Schenn seems like a number 3 guy. He could play on the top pairing but I wouldn't call him a number 2, at least yet. While Streit was already losing traction at the end of this year. He's 35, he might not bounce back from his injury so easily. If that's why he was playing like he was. And the Flyer management must see something different after that last contract but I definitely don't think Coburn is anything more than a number 4 on a team with crappy depth. I suppose Gustafsson enters the equation, but he has quite the ways to go before sneaking into a top 4 position.

I understand not wanting to move Schenn for a top 4 defenseman (and Giordano's a top 2) but no need at all? I have a feeling this year the Flyer fanbase will do the unthinkable and blame the goaltending if things don't go to well.
No thanks. The Flyers are not moving either of the Schenns right now. Luke had a really good season and it looks like Pronger's influence has really helped this young man's game. Luke is a keeper and a strong building block for the back end. Brayden is another of the youth core that Holmgren has put together. The brass are happy with this young man and are willing to be patient with him. They see him as being a big part of this team's future and are not looking to move him. Even though I like Mark,I pass on that deal. So the Flyers say no thanks.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote