View Single Post
07-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Provolone & The Neck
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Travis Lee might've still been young, but he had 2 1/2 seasons in the Bigs under his belt at the time of the trade and didn't show much. Daal did had a good year prior, but his body of work up showed him to be more of a back-of-the-rotation kinda guy. Figueroa was a big question mark as he only had a few big league starts for Arizona before the trade, but stunk in them. Padilla turned out to be the only half decent piece in the deal, but was also a guess at the time.
Like I said, it wasn't a great trade. I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying I enjoyed those days better than the current situation. To me, fretting over our crappy roster and hoping that our perennial top five picks turn into something was more enjoyable than fretting over our overpaid, underachieving roster and hoping that we have enough prospects to trade for a big name guy. Don't get me wrong, I'd love another World Series title, but again I enjoy the "old days" more than the current state of affairs.

Schilling had more than only a couple good seasons, though. He was coming off 3 straight AS game worthy seasons, had a 3.35 career ERA and 1.12 WHIP with the Phillies. Not to mention he was a work-horse and stayed healthy.[/QUOTE]