View Single Post
07-25-2013, 01:08 PM
vCash: 500
Hey guys, just got back from Camp today. I will be heading out of town for the weekend so I wont be at any more practices. Here are some thoughts:

Adam Musil-Played very well. Skating looks a lot better. Doesnt have those heavy strides anymore. Looks a lot more explosive and powerful in the legs.

Brendan Guhle-Best Dman at camp. Skates like the wind and moves the puck well. Not overly physical in the corners but he definitely can defend with his reach, positioning, and smarts. A lot to like in this kid. Should have a similar rookie season to Ryan Pilon.

Jansen Harkins-One of the best forwards at Camp. Really starting to remind me of Pavel Datsyuk honestly. Very hard on the puck and finds crafty ways to steal it in the defensive zone. Good skating, still a bit light physically but he can fly in open ice. Looks a lot faster at top speed than I have seen him in the past.

Matthew Barzal-Didn't show a whole lot. Was expecting him to far and away be the best player but he really blended into the pack. He is an effortless skater that gets to top speed quickly. Love how he shields the puck with his body and does so almost naturally without hesitation.

Tyler Soy-Very strong two-way player. Looked matured physically with a strong core and lower body strength. This will allow him to battle at the WHL level next year. Didn't show a whole lot in the way of offensive creativity but he is always around the puck which you have to like.

Glenn Gawdin-Looks like the most filled out and mature forward there. Legs already look like tree-trunks. Smooth skater and good with the puck. Deadly shot and picks good times to feed his teammates.

Brad Morrison-Gaining some height since the last time I saw him. Looks like more of a rangy player and he can really fly around the ice.

Joe Gatenby-smart defenseman that moves pretty well. Always calm on the ice and is very patient to move the puck on the breakout.

Bradley Forrest-Small puck mover but plays with high energy. Could see him grabbing a spot at 16 with a good camp. PP guy that gets it off his stick in a hurry.

Nick McBride-Big goalie that covers a ton of the net. Hard to beat in all areas of the net. Front runner to grab one of the G spots on the team IMO.

Here are just a few thoughts. For more check my twitter or ask and I will do my best to address.

zjh is offline   Reply With Quote