View Single Post
Old
01-11-2004, 06:39 AM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Let's Talk Goalies

The general consensus of Flyers fans seem to agree, for the last decade (or more) the Flyers haven't had the type of goal tender you could expect to back stop a team to the Stanley cup. So here we are, Febuary 11th, 2004. The team has won 6 games in it's last 20! So let's talk goalies.

Hackett is a hack job, and everyone seems to be in agreeance about his suck-ness. When I heard of the deal before the season, I didn't get excited, rightfully so. Along with the fact that they said they want Esche to be the #1 guy, that made me very nervous. Being a Flyers fan since the early/mid 90's, I've noticed one thing... Mediocre goalies can come into Philly and get made to look like allstars because of the team defense the Flyers have consistently had. I don't like Esche, I haven't liked him so far this year, and unless he gets really solid, I'll hold to my opinion that he's a career #2, and nothing more.

So here's my question to you... Forget deals, forget reality. I want you to name the top 5 goaltenders currently in the NHL, that if you could play NHL God, you'd put on your team in order from 1 to 5. I'm curious to see who everyone thinks is the top 5 tenders out there.