View Single Post
Old
07-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Habnot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I think it's crazy to assume there's no chance he busts...first of all, any prospect can bust, especially one picked 25th. But besides that, the more I learn about him, the more he seems like a very unique prospect. He probably won't be the second coming of Lucic, he probably won't be the second coming of Jessiman either. But there's a lot that can happen with big guys like that, especially with someone whose frame is bulky to an unprecedented level for a forward that age. Having to balance the physical advantage he has over almost everyone, especially in his age group, and not rely exclusively on that will be a test.

Admittedly my initial anger against the pick had to do with how much I liked Zykov, and in general I'm wary about a prospect who the first thing you hear about is their size going in the first round. And McCarron isn't exactly Barkov, he has a lot he needs to work on. But I'm going to be cautiously optimistic, especially since I'm hearing mostly good things from scouts I tend to trust, from Grant to Pronman. And we don't have to expect an all-star from the 25th pick.

This draft was definitely interesting. Not last year interest, but except for the Crisp pick the rest made a lot of sense.
1. Nobody is saying he can't bust, but to mention bust right after the draft is dis-ingenious. What's the point of stating the obvious that any player can bust? This has nothing to do with McCarron.

2. You are proving Grant's point about personal agenda's. You prefer Zykov so you crap on McCarron.

3. The amount of pretentiousness is outrageous. It's like telling your doctor that you have a different opinion on his diagnostic. And yes doctors do make mistakes....