View Single Post
07-25-2013, 10:22 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, there's a lot of kneejerk in that thread. To say Gillis is the worst is over the top.

The Holmgren nominations came from Philly critics not known for their unbiased ability to comment on our fine organization.
Yup, I look at his overall body of work as pretty good. He recently won the GM of they year award as well & now suddenly is the worst of the decade because of one bad deal? I don't understand the logic people have on that one.

Most of the Homer criticism on there is the Bryzgalov/Bob situation which you could point more of the finger at Snider there than Homer.

I'm not even sure if Homer was the worst Flyers GM since the lockout. Clarke made some real bone head moves in that one year that Homer had to clean up the following year. Luckily for us he at least held onto Richards & Carter before he resigned.

I saw some mention Lou Lams in the thread too. I do think people tend to act like he's infallible & everything he does is for a reason but I wouldn't put him up there because of the Kovy situation & the draft pick, overall his body of work is pretty good. It's just another knee-jerk reaction to current events.

Every GM has mistakes & bad moves, I tend to look at the ones who do it the least as some of the best.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-25-2013 at 10:36 PM.