Thread: Proposal: Flames-Flyers
View Single Post
07-25-2013, 10:58 PM
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
Really? A top 4 of Timonen, Schenn, Streit and Coburn seems pretty terrible for a team that is expecting to try and compete.

Timonen's a decent number 1 guy if his age doesn't catch up to him but at 38 he's bound to lose a step some time. Schenn seems like a number 3 guy. He could play on the top pairing but I wouldn't call him a number 2, at least yet. While Streit was already losing traction at the end of this year. He's 35, he might not bounce back from his injury so easily. If that's why he was playing like he was. And the Flyer management must see something different after that last contract but I definitely don't think Coburn is anything more than a number 4 on a team with crappy depth. I suppose Gustafsson enters the equation, but he has quite the ways to go before sneaking into a top 4 position.

I understand not wanting to move Schenn for a top 4 defenseman (and Giordano's a top 2) but no need at all? I have a feeling this year the Flyer fanbase will do the unthinkable and blame the goaltending if things don't go to well.
What the hell? Are you comparing it to an all star team?? What five teams wouldn't have Coburn in their top 4?

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote