View Single Post
Old
11-02-2006, 08:16 AM
oop007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
How can you make such as statement - are you a psychic? Yes, players that are uprooted from other cultures require an adjustment period. As far as I am concerned, Kost has shown he belongs everytime he has played for the Habs. And during last training camp he did all that was possible to stick and the only reason he didn't was because the choose Lats (because of his name) and because the had an option with him to send to the AHL.

I wonder how Kost would have performed if he was given 10 games with the Habs including stints on the second and third line.
Proved more then Lat did and I'm sure he had less icetime in general. Not to say Lat "stole" the spot. Lat was given the spot because it was the logical thing to do. Really though... would rather Kost + Lat next season, then just Kost. So they had to bring up Lat now. This way if Lat was a waste, we don't find out next year, we find out now.

The habs management isn't worried about Kostitsyn. They've seen him play, they know he's NHL ready and by the time he's played as many games as Lat, he'll probably have a couple goals/assists cause he actually has skill/speed.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote