View Single Post
Old
11-02-2006, 10:31 AM
habfan4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_Seven View Post

I've never been a large Carey Price fan, I always thought he was the lesser of the two goalies (even prior to my Leafs taking...and then trading away...Tuukka Rask). However clearly I don't think Price is a nobody. Price has all the makings of an NHLer, and there's no reason to believe he won't make it. I've always been critical of the selection, but that's been based on where he was taken, and who he was taken over.

That being said, you guys are all correct, that his stats are not something to get hung up on, there's always going to be players who outshine a higher selected guy, what will matter will be what he does when he gets to the show, and I think most expect, at worst, a solid starter. The jury will be out on whether he will be an elite starter until he does it, but I certainly would not panic.
I like Rask, although I don't think I'd pick him over Price. Most people who place a high value on Rask point to his numbers in the FNL, where granted he was playing against men, but that IMO is offset because the FNL is defence minded league. Both Price and Rask were decent picks, we'll have to wait and see how both pan out in a few years.