Old
07-26-2013, 07:46 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
I know everyone else around here has seen him personally and is an expert in judging people's physical stats just from video (not you Joey), but maybe this guy is right about Tolchinsky's height and weight.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 20 Jul
Asked Tolchinsky for his official height and weight. His answer: 5-8, 164. So that's that.

Sign the kid already. Great talent, minimal risk.
My driver's license says I'm 5'8". I used to tell people that as well, because I really wanted to be. And I didn't even have anything to gain by lying! I'm actually 5'7".

He's noticeably small. I have watched a lot of junior and NCAA hockey in my time, where you regularly see small guys. And he's smaller than the small guys. Can I state with 100 percent certainty that he's 5'6"? No. But nor can Elite Prospects, or HockeyDB, or any other similar site state that he's taller. They rely on information gathered elsewhere. They don't measure the kids. Teams lie about their kids' height all the time. It's standard practice. Kids lie about their own height all the time! Particularly if they think they might have something to gain.

It's all beside the point though. I don't care what his height is. If he has skill, I'm all for giving him a shot. There's no risk. Someone will get that spot.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote