View Single Post
Old
07-26-2013, 10:34 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Exactly. That's the thing. It seems that people on these boards (and the main board) want perfection. They won't say that, but everyone has something to say about every single signing and trade. He's not perfect. He's made mistakes. The argument I have consistently made is that his mistakes do not have as big a negative impact as the good moves have made positive impacts. Even if you want to say that simply in numbers he has made more bad than good moves (which I would refute), those moves, both individually and cumulative, are outweighed by his good moves.
The bad moves are pretty negligible. The three that stick out in my mind:

(1) Upshall + 2nd rounder for Carcillo
(2) Eminger for a 1st
(3) Bobrovsky trade

The Upshall trade is pretty insignificant now because we all have realized Upshall sucks, and the 2nd rounder is probably a bust.

The Eminger trade is a stinger, but even if we slide John Carlson into our lineup, I don't think that we are a better team for it. It would certainly make our defense more appealing to the readers of the main board though!!

Obviously the Bobrovsky trade stings but Bob would not have won a Vezina here, even if he was the starter. It's hard to take Mason over him but with how players fluctuate in this league, especially goalies, HFboards is probably going to be singing a much different song next summer.