View Single Post
Old
07-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
1. Nobody is saying he can't bust, but to mention bust right after the draft is dis-ingenious. What's the point of stating the obvious that any player can bust? This has nothing to do with McCarron.
Well, McCarron fits the profile of the type of player who frequently bust. It's a superficial analysis, but any guys that size left after the top 10 will almost always have either a glaring flaw or be raw. Our scouts were pretty confident when it comes to McCarron but there was a reason he was passed over by other teams, even those drafting for size in the first round. So far the "next Lucic" drafting philosophy has lead to more jokes than anything else.

Quote:
2. You are proving Grant's point about personal agenda's. You prefer Zykov so you crap on McCarron.
And I'm admitting it.

But Zykov was just one player and not a particularly revolutionary prospect, in general I don't like the idea of going with a project in the first round based on needs. However it came together somewhat when they picked a "safe" prospect (DLR) and two BPAs (Fucale and Lehkonen) in the second round, so if you take the two first rounds together, it wasn't bad at all.

Quote:
3. The amount of pretentiousness is outrageous. It's like telling your doctor that you have a different opinion on his diagnostic. And yes doctors do make mistakes....
This is the forum on a hockey prospect site. If we aren't allowed to have differing opinions from professional scouts why should this forum even exist? I'm not claiming to be an expert, in fact I disclaim that nobody should take my judgment seriously as much as possible because I'm just a fan, and have less connections with the sport than a lot of people here. Grant's opinions are worth more than my own, I agree, but much of my opinion is researched with an open mind, and so I don't feel entitled to have to agree with Grant or whoever on everything.

I don't get what's pretentious about having your own opinions on Hockey's Future about prospects. I think McCarron was a second round talent because he's not someone who can be easily projected, that doesn't mean I don't understand the choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall View Post
I will just name you some names that arte 6'3 and over that are from the 1st round and that are successful that ok?

ok
Ryan Getzlaf 6'4", 221 lbs 19th
Corey Perry 6'3", 210 lbs 28th
Evgeni Malkin 6'3", 195 lbs 2nd
Rick Nash 6'4", 213 lbs 1st
Jeff Carter 6'4", 210 lbs 11th
Anze Kopitar 6'3", 225 lbs 11th
Eric Staal 6'4", 205 lbs 2nd
Jordan Staal 6'4", 220 lbs 2nd
Jason Spezza 6'3", 215 lbs 2nd
Sean Couturier 6'3", 197 lbs 8th
Dany Heatley 6'4", 218 lbs 2nd

Alex Ovechkin 6'3", 230 lbs 1st
Outside of Getzlaf and Perry, notice something about the rest of these guys?

Hindsight is a funny thing. Perry especially there was plenty of questions about such as his skating. He put it together, others do not. Just ask Hugh Jessiman. 6'7" Brian Boyle was drafted before Perry too.

Last edited by Et le But: 07-26-2013 at 11:11 AM.