Old
07-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Dutchess
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Things I noticed:

- he often eased up when carrying on attack ... Meaning, instead of maintaining or increasing speed through the neutral and into the offensive zones, he would ease up, slow down, wait for a trailer, that kind of thing. All well and good for playmaking centers with fantastic passing ability. For a guy with size and power, maintain your speed or gain some more, keep the puck outside, shoulder the pressure with your inner core, and go to the net

- less snap and wrist shots, more slap shots... Didn't care for this. I feel as though he has one of the better snapshots on the team, and a good wrist shot. Both underutilized

- he did a lot of "play analyzation" in the moment, relied too heavily on his linemates to dictate flow and pace of shift. He is a guy with enough size and speed to dictate, which he does great when he is on

I don't love him. I don't care for streaky scorers who can't be counted on. But I believe he bounces back from a brutal shortened season that saw him skyrocket up the "overpaid" charts
I bolded that part for a reason -- he was infinitely more effective when he used his speed and size to take the puck to the net. Even if he wasn't scoring, he was making something happen. But it's so few and far between, I wonder if he'll ever really put it together. I don't know if it's an effort thing or a mentality thing.

Dutchess is offline   Reply With Quote