View Single Post
Old
07-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
If this group can continue to develop and make the playoffs, which I'm sure Chevy and TNSE is banking on, then he's managed the cap pretty well (assuming Wheeler and Bogo are signed to fair/reasonable/longer-term deals), imo.

But, if this group fails to get there once again, the Jets have guys locked up that just aren't getting the job done, and changes would need to be made.

Ollie, Seto, and Stuart would be the key UFA's at the end of this season. If they don't have productive seasons, its likely they wouldn't be back or even moved at the trade deadline.

Worst case scenario, they flop and the Jets still don't have a decent 2nd line. Best case, Seto and Olli (or Scheifele or O'Dell) mesh with Kane, are productive, make the playoffs, and sign extensions to reasonable deals.
Still think the Jets are one legit top 9 guy away from giving them some decent options at forward (mostly C), and that would be a Burmi or Antro (for me). Not sure either is an option. Grabo would likely be too expensive.

Lots of pressure on Scheifele to step in and be productive. Hate to see what happens, if Olli craps the bed again.

Edit: I realize Burmi isn't an option for this year, was more a comment about Antro, whether they are considering bringing him back - for 1 year.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote