View Single Post
Old
07-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Joey Bones
Gorilla Lives Matter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
I'm not saying don't sign him - his skill set is obvious - but he is NOTICEABLY small in the CHL. He's not even playing against grown men there and he looks tiny. Size is defintiely a concern, more so than say a Nigel Dawes, who was at least stocky for his height.
Even if he is small, he looked real slick moving around the bigger guys. There is absolutely no risk at all in signing him. Try him out. Nigel Dawes had skating issues otherwise he'd still be in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
My driver's license says I'm 5'8". I used to tell people that as well, because I really wanted to be. And I didn't even have anything to gain by lying! I'm actually 5'7".

He's noticeably small. I have watched a lot of junior and NCAA hockey in my time, where you regularly see small guys. And he's smaller than the small guys. Can I state with 100 percent certainty that he's 5'6"? No. But nor can Elite Prospects, or HockeyDB, or any other similar site state that he's taller. They rely on information gathered elsewhere. They don't measure the kids. Teams lie about their kids' height all the time. It's standard practice. Kids lie about their own height all the time! Particularly if they think they might have something to gain.

It's all beside the point though. I don't care what his height is. If he has skill, I'm all for giving him a shot. There's no risk. Someone will get that spot.
Exactly. That's it in a nutshell. Bravo to you!!

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote