View Single Post
Old
01-11-2004, 08:11 AM
punchy1

vCash: 500
I suppose it is that Frolov has to go out with his unit. Frolov is significantly better than the players on his unit and deserves a better shot at the PP then he is getting. Last night is one game in a season full where he didn't get any real shot on the PP. So I agree, last night there weren't enough time on the PP to do much and the first line scored both times it were out there.

The thing is, Frolov, has always been the last option on forward for the PP. Tripp had as many seconds last night as Frolov and for that matter, there is always at least one "Tripp" like Player who either gets the same or more PP time than him.

All I feel is that, for a coach that preaches reward for effort, he sure seem to do just the opposite of that for Frolov. ATOI is under 16 mins a game until injuries set in and he plays on the "energy" line and always gives his all and puts up numbers in spite of the level of talent he is paired with.

This aside, it is now put up or shut up time for Andy and Frolov. He has to be one of the top options now that we are without Palffy,Allison,Deadmarsh,Straka. Shame it takes them going down for him to get his chance as it will certainly make it more difficult for him to score and provide his naysayers with ammo to say he isn't doing anything great. Pitty.