07-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 500
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/95...ff-lee-sources

Let's see if this gets anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I felt 2009 was much more exciting than 2008 because it got to a more nerve-wracking start in the NLDS than it did the previous year with 2 come-back wins in Colorado. I rank both 2008 and 2009 NLCS series as equally exciting as they pretty much mirrored each other (both series started with Philly wins, both series Philly took a 2-1 series lead into game 4, both times in game 4 Philly comes back and make Broxton look like a chump, both series ended in game 5 with a comfortable lead).

But WS game 1 in 2009 is probably my favorite non-postponed and resumed game of the playoffs in those 2 years. As much as the comebacks those years were exciting, I prefer to watch my team dominate opponents on the largest of stages. Cliff Lee toying with the Yankees in their new digs was awesome, as well as that behind-the-back catch he made on one groundball. When he nonchalantly caught that pop-up without moving I was positively giddy. Then you had the offense get production from just about everyone, with Chase's 2 shots off Sabathia leading the way. It was a total effort from everyone with the only blemish being a harmless one run scored in the bottom of the 9th as Cliff might've been running a bit out of gas as he threw 122 pitches that day.

Too bad game 1 was followed up by games 2-4.
Basically how I felt about that year. The Yankees were just a better team, and Hamels and Lidge were terrible.