View Single Post
Old
07-26-2013, 08:25 PM
gerard leublond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
In another post I expect Konecny to have an immediate impact for Ottawa,as for your comment re the young D,there is a difference between inexperience and dumb,the
OHL will swallow up youngsters if they dont have the guidance of vets and valuable ice time
To expect instant success is dumb,patience and understanding the league is the key,
not unrealistic expectations out of the gate,5 kids on the back end is great,but this league is dominated mostly by 18-20 year olds mostly not 16-17 years olds getting their
1st taste of action especially on D
Agree with you to an extent, however, my point was the veteran defensemen that I didn't name in the previous post ie: Desuatels, Davis, Guy, Vlajkov; may be the "older / experienced" players, yet they are not quite the stud leaders for the "rookies" to model their game after. They did nothing for the team last season, as my wife and I were at every home game and witnessed inexperience first hand. Age has nothing to do with what you can bring to the table, I think McDavid is the prime example of that. The rookie d core will be better and bring much more despite a 2 or 3 year age difference. Middleton, Duschene and possibly Vlajkov would be the vets to guide the rookies, and that makes six defense right there..doesn't appear green to me at all. Don't think the disappointment will be on defense.