Old
07-27-2013, 06:14 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
They played fine. You know who didn't play fine? Leighton. Asking them to play better is just absurd. Asking the guy who downright sucked in every possible way to just suck a little less makes a lot more sense.

Scoring goals: Minor, minimal issue. Nonissue, actually. The team as a whole scored enough, and those guys you called out were still very good defensively.

Goalkeeping: Humongous, glaring issue. I get that you're a Leighton guy, but be realistic.
Ok, let me get this straight. Your two best offensive players and probably your fourth or fifth best offensive player were "fine" in the SCF. You definition of fine is three of your top five players scoring two points each and being a -21. Even if I would agree with you that their play could be categorized as "fine" throughout the series (which I don't), you are going to tell me that you think you can win a Stanley Cup where three of your top five players play "fine" in the series? And that is without getting into the fact that there were three one goal losses.

And once again, I agree that improved play by Leighton would have helped. I have never once said it wouldn't have. I don't know why you keep acting like I am saying goaltending was not an issue. It absolutely was. But there were other issues. It isn't a hard concept. But I guess you are right, as usual, because you say so. Richards, Carter, and Gagne's performances were fine and improved play from them would not have had the same impact on the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
That's the ****ing point. We don't know how high he can reach just yet, AND he fills a need, moreso than Glasszaros.
Huh? I didn't say I'd rather have Mez than Gus. I said if Gus gets traded in a Sharp-like situation, I wouldn't be too broken up about it. I want (and expect) Mez to be traded.